The National Testing Agency on Friday confirmed that NEET will not be postponed. Many students are demanding the postponement of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET 2021 scheduled to be held on September 12.
NTA DG Vijay Joshi said on India TV, “There is no direct clash of NEET with CBSE board exams, it will be held as scheduled on September 12.” While talking about increasing the number of attempts, the NTA official said, “The decision regarding multiple attempts in NEET will be taken by the health ministry. As of now, there is no plan to increase the attempts of the medical entrance.”
The Ministry of Education also said that there is no possibility to change the schedule as postponing the NEET-UG date.
Many students are demanding to change the date because the medical exam date is so very to that of other major exams such as the CBSE improvement exam, MHT CET 2021, Karnataka’s CoMEDK exam, Odisha JEE, and MP Class 12 improvement exams.
According to the students, It will be more difficult to face a different exam. CBSE class 12 improvement and compartment exam will be held between August 25 to September 15.
Exam to be held in September:
- The ICAR AIEEA 2021 UG (for BSc admissions) exams are scheduled for September 7, 8, 13.
- This is just a day after the NEET 2021 exams to be held on September 12.
- The MHT CET is scheduled for September September 4–20.
- Karnataka CoMEDK will be held on September 14.
- The Odisha JEE is scheduled to be conducted from September 6 to 18.