How to Apply for Labour Card Online: India has the second most populated country in the globe and approximately 500 individuals in this country are labourers and contractual workers.
These workers are working in various fields like agriculture, construction of buildings, industries, etc.
There is a huge number of people are daily wages in various areas. The Indian government has issued an identity card for those daily wages people to support them and their families.
The Ministry of Labour and Employment has responsible for different states in India. The organization is issuing labour cards to such workers to help and empower their families.
There are two types of labour cards issued by the Indian government- building cards ans social card.
Types of Labour Card
This type of card is issued by the supervision of the licensed contractor and under this category, people can eligible for all the schemes.
This card involved in non-building work, agriculture, and farming. Under these health insurance benefits is avail.
Labour Card Eligibility Criteria
- Age should be in between 18 to 40 years.
- Unorganized worker
- Indian Citizen
- You should not be employed in the organized sector (EPF/NPS/ESIC)
- Salary not more than Rs 15,000
- You are an income taxpayer
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card (optional)
- Bank account number
- Email ID
- Aadhaar card number of family members
- Mobile number
- Passport size photographs
How to Apply for Labour Card
- Go to the official website of your state’s labour department
- Searching for New Labour Card Registration
- Now, select the district
- Enter details- Name, Email, and mobile number
- Enter Aadhaar card number
- Very mobile and email address
Benefits of Labour Card:
- Free education and life insurance benefits.
- Cardholders can avail of free health insurance under PM Aysuhman Bharat Yojana, Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana, etc.
- Assistance is provided to women during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Assistance is provided in the case of death or injury due to an accident.
- Scholarships for children’s education.
- Financial assistance for the purchase of shovels and other types of equipments.
- Home loans can be availed.
- Assistance for skill development.
- Financial assistance for the marriage of the cardholder’s daughter.